Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2010

Still Life with Pomegranates


I am too excited...can't wait for the paint to dry and I know it's not even finished and it could use a refinement touch but patience was never one of my virtues so here I go..another unfinished piece labeled as "done". As long as I do the labeling...


There is not much to say. I picked the models yesterday, rather accidentally than planned. I guess I was looking for apples, pumpkins or grapes, but as I saw those marvelous pomegranates and the clementines still wearing their leaves...I knew I found my muse. The rest came almost on it's own: the blue table napkins , which I already had on my table, were perfect to make the carmine red and orange fruits even more precious. The red wine glass is half filled with grape juice -very tasty by the way. And the gray, old ceramic pot was perfect to give some balance and also help me clean my paint brush from all the other colors.

The background is always the most challenging part for me. First, I don't know what color should it be, not to ruin the setting and second, once I know the color, finding a piece of cloth or cardboard in the desired color. This time it was a green, house wear - blouse of mine stretched on a chair. My old wooden table is also a great piece, but I kept it as boring and neutral as I could, otherwise it would have drew to much attention where not needed.

Now I'll have to eat my models. Pomegranates are known to be a symbol of abundance, fertility and good luck, the fruits of Gods. Besides they are rich in vitamin C, B and antioxidants, among other things. In my eyes they are just beautiful, very feminine and have the deepest ruby red.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen